ROADMAP-URBAN DEVELOPMENT DIVISION AT CoE CPEC
- Pakistan is one of the fastest urbanizing countries in South Asia. The United Nations Population Division estimates that, by 2025, nearly half the country’s population will live in urban areas, with major chunk of population living in the mega cities.
- The current and future CPEC projects, aiming at creating sustainability and economic stability, will alter the urban dynamics and the spatial pattern of our cities.
SUSTAINABLE URBAN DEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORK
OUR RESEARCH GOALS
At Centre of Excellence for CPEC, this thematic area highlights the urban development that would occur under CPEC, address the issues and challenges in the relevant areas, and come up with relevant policy based guidance. Among an array of important issues, the focus would be on three key areas
- Sustainability of SEZs through Urbanization
- Mass Transit Projects under CPEC
- CPEC Environment-related Challenges and Solutions
The significant part of the research and development would be accomplished through collaborative activities with Research Centers, Think Tanks, Organizations, Universities, etc.